This easy lobster recipe is perfect for any time of year, but we’re loving it for the summer. Quick to prep and cook, it’s ideal for a weekday lunch or even a weekend barbecue.
Featuring a summery mango slaw and basil aioli, this is the perfect dish to cap off a day at the beach, on the trail, or at the lake.
Prepare it on a flattop, indoor griddle, a cast-iron pan, or even grill on skewers.
- 1 package ButcherBox lobster tails thawed and deshelled. (You can replace lobster tails with cold cracked lobster, as well.)
- flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ of a head red cabbage
- 2 mangoes
- ½ white onion
- olive oil
- rice vinegar
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 pinch fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 bunch basil pureed
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Thaw frozen lobster tails and remove meat from the shells. (You can also use thawed cold-cracked lobster as well for this recipe.)
- Heat grill or griddle to medium-high.
- Put lobster meat on griddle with some butter and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Warm tortillas and add whole pieces of lobster or chop up lobster into small pieces. Either way works great. (Or, try both!)
For Mango and Red Cabbage Slaw
- Slice red cabbage as thin as possible.
- Cut mango in thin slices as well, to match red cabbage.
- Cut onion in half and then slice as thin as possible.
- Chop cilantro.
- Mix ingredients. Add salt and a pinch of black pepper
- Add olive oil and rice vinegar, mix together, and let it marinate while you cook lobster.
For Basil Aioli
- In a small dish, combine mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and rice vinegar.
- Chop a few leaves of basil and mix all the ingredients together.
- Enjoy some delicious lobster tacos!