Last Updated on July 8, 2021
This easy lobster recipe is perfect for any time of year, but we’re loving it for the summer. Quick to prep and cook, it’s ideal for a weekday lunch or even a weekend barbecue.
Featuring a summery mango slaw and basil aioli, this is the perfect dish to cap off a day at the beach, on the trail, or at the lake.
Prepare it on a flattop, indoor griddle, a cast-iron pan, or even grill on skewers.
- 1 package ButcherBox lobster tails thawed and deshelled. (You can replace lobster tails with cold cracked lobster, as well.)
- flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ of a head red cabbage
- 2 mangoes
- ½ white onion
- olive oil
- rice vinegar
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 pinch fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 bunch basil pureed
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Thaw frozen lobster tails and remove meat from the shells. (You can also use thawed cold-cracked lobster as well for this recipe.)
- Heat grill or griddle to medium-high.
- Put lobster meat on griddle with some butter and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Warm tortillas and add whole pieces of lobster or chop up lobster into small pieces. Either way works great. (Or, try both!)
For Mango and Red Cabbage Slaw
- Slice red cabbage as thin as possible.
- Cut mango in thin slices as well, to match red cabbage.
- Cut onion in half and then slice as thin as possible.
- Chop cilantro.
- Mix ingredients. Add salt and a pinch of black pepper
- Add olive oil and rice vinegar, mix together, and let it marinate while you cook lobster.
For Basil Aioli
- In a small dish, combine mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and rice vinegar.
- Chop a few leaves of basil and mix all the ingredients together.
- Enjoy some delicious lobster tacos!
Make slaw in advance so that all the flavors are pulled together. Tip: To speed up the slaw-making process, use a food processor to separately shred the cabbage, mango, and onion.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Yankel Polak is the Head Chef at ButcherBox.