Bursting with big pieces of cold-cracked lobster, these fritters are a snack you’ll want to keep all to yourself. You don’t need a fryer for this recipe—just a deep pan and enough oil to cover your fritters—so it’s perfect for whenever you’re looking for a quick, crunchy bite. These lobster fritters can also be dressed up with different dressings and toppings, making them an easy and delicious appetizer for entertaining friends and family.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 10 ounces soda water bottled
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- 8 ounces Cold Cracked Lobster thawed, drained, and roughly chopped
- Canola oil for frying
- Mix flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Add egg yolk and soda water a bit at a time until you have the consistency of a thick pancake batter. Mix in the lobster and the scallions.
- In a saucepot, heat 2 inches of canola oil to 350°F.
- Carefully drop small spoonfuls of the fritter batter into the oil, being careful not to crowd the pan (7 or 8 at a time). Fry until golden brown flipping the fritters once or twice with a spoon.
- Remove the fritters with a slotted spoon and drain them on paper towels. Season with salt.
- Serve with tartar sauce or dressing of your choice.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!