Flank steak, that quick-cooking cut, is an excellent choice for a speedy weeknight meal. Popular in Mexican cuisine, lots of flank steak recipes default to steak fajitas. But we made this one with Primal Kitchen Lemon Turmeric Vinaigrette & Marinade for a spicy, sweet, and sour tang that gets the Whole30, Keto, and Paleo stamps of approval. Our favorite way to serve this is with a stellar side dish of lentil and beet salad (of course made with top-notch Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil).
Lemon Turmeric Marinated Flank Steak with Lentil and Beet SaladPrint Pin
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Flank Steak or Flat Iron Steak
- 1 btl Primal Kitchen Lemon Turmeric Vinaigrette & Marinade
- 1 pkg cooked lentils (9oz)
- 1 pkg cooked beets medium dice (8.8oz)
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite size florets
- 1 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Marinate flank steak in 1 cup Primal Kitchen Lemon Turmeric Vinaigrette & Marinade for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss cauliflower florets in curry powder, kosher salt, black pepper and Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil. Place on sheet pan and roast for 15 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Mix lentils, beets and cauliflower together in bowl, add ½ cup of Primal Kitchen Lemon Turmeric Vinaigrette & Marinade. Mix and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove flank steak from marinade and lightly pat dry with paper towel to remove excess liquid.
- Preheat grill pan to high heat. Once you see the first wisps of smoke, place steak in pan. Sear for 3 minutes then turn the flank 90° and cook for 3 more minutes. Flip and repeat.
- Place pan in oven and cook until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of flank steak reads 120°F. Let steak rest 8 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- Serve with lentil and beet salad.