Simply flavored with butter, lemon, and fresh herbs, this whole roasted chicken is low maintenance and gets beautifully browned in the oven.
- 1 ea ButcherBox Whole Chicken
- 1 bu fresh tarragon
- 1 bu fresh thyme
- 1 ea lemon quartered
- 2 oz butter room temperature
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- butchers twine approximately 6" long
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Remove chicken from package and dry completely with paper towels.
- Pick tarragon leaves off of half of the bunch. Finely chop and combine with soft room temperature butter.
- Rub tarragon butter all over chicken. Inside and out.
- Stuff chicken with one bunch of thyme, ½ bunch of tarragon and 3 lemon quarters.
- Tie chicken legs together with butcher's twine. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken (breast side up), on roasting rack on baking sheet. Squeeze the remaining lemon quarter on chicken.
- Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes. Then reduce oven to 375℉ and continue to roast for another 40 minutes.
- Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving.