Last Updated on August 26, 2022
Simply flavored with butter, lemon, and fresh herbs, this whole roasted chicken is low maintenance and gets beautifully browned in the oven.
- 1 ea ButcherBox Whole Chicken
- 1 bu fresh tarragon
- 1 bu fresh thyme
- 1 ea lemon quartered
- 2 oz butter room temperature
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- butchers twine approximately 6" long
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Remove chicken from package and dry completely with paper towels.
- Pick tarragon leaves off of half of the bunch. Finely chop and combine with soft room temperature butter.
- Rub tarragon butter all over chicken. Inside and out.
- Stuff chicken with one bunch of thyme, ½ bunch of tarragon and 3 lemon quarters.
- Tie chicken legs together with butcher's twine. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken (breast side up), on roasting rack on baking sheet. Squeeze the remaining lemon quarter on chicken.
- Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes. Then reduce oven to 375℉ and continue to roast for another 40 minutes.
- Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.