When you need something different after a more traditional turkey dinner, this soup comes to the rescue. It features lots of veggies and warm curry spice.
- 3 c ButcherBox Turkey leftovers roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 head cauliflower bite size pieces
- 1 ea butternut squash peeled, seeded, medium dice
- 1 c peas fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 c cashew milk unsweetened
- 2 c turkey or chicken stock
- Place ghee in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once ghee has melted, add cauliflower and butternut squash to pot and sauté for 3 minutes. Then add turkey, curry powder, kosher salt and ground black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cashew milk and stock and let simmer on medium low for 30 minutes or until butternut squash is tender. Add peas to soup and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve with crushed toasted cashews if desired. Enjoy!