Last Updated on August 26, 2022
When you need something different after a more traditional turkey dinner, this soup comes to the rescue. It features lots of veggies and warm curry spice.
- 3 c ButcherBox Turkey leftovers roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 head cauliflower bite size pieces
- 1 ea butternut squash peeled, seeded, medium dice
- 1 c peas fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 c cashew milk unsweetened
- 2 c turkey or chicken stock
- Place ghee in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once ghee has melted, add cauliflower and butternut squash to pot and sauté for 3 minutes. Then add turkey, curry powder, kosher salt and ground black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cashew milk and stock and let simmer on medium low for 30 minutes or until butternut squash is tender. Add peas to soup and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve with crushed toasted cashews if desired. Enjoy!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.