These sweet and savory steak tips cook in a matter of minutes, with a quick and tasty homemade Korean BBQ marinade that doubles as a sauce.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Premium Steak Tips
- ½ c maple syrup
- 1 c tamari
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp sambal chili paste
- Combine all ingredients excluding steak tips in a saucepan, and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionly. Remove from heat and bring to room temperature.
- Reserve ½ c of BBQ sauce. Pour the rest in a resealable, leak-proof bag with steak tips, and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring steak tips to room temperature. Pat steak tips dry with paper towels, and discard all excess marinade.
- Preheat large, cast-iron skillet or oven save skillet, and add 1 Tbsp avocado oil. Once oil is hot, sear steak tips on both sides for 1 minute per side.
- Place skillet in oven to finish steak tips. Roast for 3-5 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 125°F when inserted into the thickest part.
- Serve with your favorite stir-fried vegetables and the reserved BBQ sauce.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!