Super tender and umami, these steak tips will work well with rice, or maybe some homemade japchae. Yum.
Korean BBQ Steak TipsPrint Pin
Prep Time: 1 day 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 1 day 17 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Premium Steak Tips
- ½ c maple syrup
- 1 c tamari
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp sambal chili paste
- Combine all ingredients excluding steak tips in a saucepan, and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionly. Remove from heat and bring to room temperature.
- Reserve ½ c of BBQ sauce. Pour the rest in a resealable, leak-proof bag with steak tips, and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring steak tips to room temperature. Pat steak tips dry with paper towels, and discard all excess marinade.
- Preheat large, cast-iron skillet or oven save skillet, and add 1 Tbsp avocado oil. Once oil is hot, sear steak tips on both sides for 1 minute per side.
- Place skillet in oven to finish steak tips. Roast for 3-5 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 125°F when inserted into the thickest part.
- Serve with your favorite stir-fried vegetables and the reserved BBQ sauce.