Last Updated on July 7, 2021
Chili pepper is the key to this homemade hot Italian sausage recipe. Easy to mix together and throw on the grill or cook in a skillet, this hot sausage is great packed into a bun with some mixed peppers or served by itself.
Don’t worry if you’re not all about the heat, substitutions can easily be made to achieve your spice preference.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Pork
- 2 tsp chili pepper paste / harissa
- 1½ tsp ground fennel
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly, your clean hands or glove covered hands work best.
- Cook immediately or store raw in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Spicy paprika can be used instead of chili paste/harissa.
- Depending on your spice preference you can add more or less chili paste/harissa.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.