Chili pepper is the key to this homemade hot Italian sausage recipe. Easy to mix together and throw on the grill or cook in a skillet, this hot sausage is great packed into a bun with some mixed peppers or served by itself.
Don’t worry if you’re not all about the heat, substitutions can easily be made to achieve your spice preference.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Pork
- 2 tsp chili pepper paste / harissa
- 1½ tsp ground fennel
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly, your clean hands or glove covered hands work best.
- Cook immediately or store raw in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Spicy paprika can be used instead of chili paste/harissa.
- Depending on your spice preference you can add more or less chili paste/harissa.