Last Updated on September 29, 2020
Bring a New England favorite to your table. This “Connecticut-style” lobster roll recipe has a slight twist and big flavor. Plus, it’s ready in under 15 minutes.
- 8 oz ButcherBox Cold Cracked Lobster
- 8 oz unsalted butter
- 1 shallot – chopped
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp chives – minced
- 2 New England style split-top buns
- Preheat medium skillet on low-medium heat.
- Add butter. When butter is nearly melted, add lobster including any juices from package.
- Simmer on low heat for 1 minute, then add shallots.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes until lobster is firm and springy.
- Add orange zest and chives, simmer for 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Remove lobster from butter and pour butter into serving bowl.
- Use some of the butter to butter and toast the buns.
- Cut lobster into smaller pieces, place on roll, add a sprinkle of chives and serve with remaining butter.