Flavored butter is a treat that is perfect as a complement to fresh, warm bread or as a way to add bold flavors as you cook.
This homemade garlic and herb butter recipe is ideal for the winter and holiday season. It can be used as a basting liquid while pan-searing filet mignons or New York strip steaks, as a coating for a perfect oven-roasted chicken, or to add some deeper flavors while smoking a turkey. With a touch of citrus, this recipe also adds a kick to roasted holiday vegetables or potatoes.
All-Purpose Garlic Herb Butter
- 2 pounds unsalted butter
- 4 Garlic cloves peeled, smashed, and smashed.
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley stems removed. Rinsed and dried.
- 3 rosemary sprigs stems removed. Minced.
- 3 Thyme sprigs stems removed. Minced.
- 4 tablespoons juice from lemon and orange
- 1 Lemon peel no pith, rough chop.
- 1 Orange peel no pith, rough chop.
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Leave the unsalted butter out so that it gets to rroom temperature.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, starting with the butter.
- Pulse until the butter mixture becomes smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate. Use as needed for a side dish with bread or to coat meat while smoking or roasting.
- How to remove pith from citrus.
- This herb butter will last 2 to 3 months—covered in a container—in the refrigerator.