A beef tenderloin deserves to be the star of your holiday table. This roast features a combination of orange, rosemary and sweet warm spices for unbeatable flavor. Make-ahead tips included to streamline your cooking!
- 1 ButcherBox Whole Beef Tenderloin
- 4 oranges zested
- ¼ c rosemary finely chopped
- ¼ c parsley chopped
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2 Tbls dijon
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
Roasted Root Vegetables
- 3 large parsnips peeled and sliced on an angle, about ¼ inch thick
- 6 large carrots peeled and sliced on an angle, about ¼ inch thick
- 2 medium turnips peeled and sliced on an angle, about ¼ inch thick
- 1 large rutabaga peeled and sliced to match the other vegetables
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 shallots minced
- ¼ c fresh thyme chopped
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Place Beef Tenderloin on wire rack and sprinkle coarse kosher salt liberally on all sides. Refrigerate on lowest shelf uncovered overnight. Remove from fridge 1 hour before cooking.
- Mix all ingredients for the roasted vegetables and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Mix all beef rub ingredients, brush tenderloin with dijon and spread spice rub over top and sides of beef.
- Place beef in oven and roast until thermometer in thickest part reads 115°F, or about 2 hours. Remove from oven and set aside. Let rest at room temperature for up to 2 hours or refrigerate it again until you are ready for Step 7. Make sure to bring it back to room temperature before completing the roasting.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Spread vegetables on sheet tray in a single layer, and roast in oven until fork-tender and slightly browned, or about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. These can be served immediately or reheated later with a little olive oil or butter, and will be just as good!
- Place beef back in 425°F preheated oven and roast for another 10-15 minutes. Remove when thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 125°F.
- Let beef rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!