Last Updated on December 14, 2021
Holiday parties should be fun and festive, so don’t stress if you’re asked to bring a dish. These sliders are perfect party food: Quick and easy to prepare and a festive crowd-pleaser to boot.
- 2 pounds ButcherBox grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 8-ounce wheel of brie cheese, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 14-ounce can of cranberry sauce, cut into ¼ inch rounds
- 1 package of 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix together the beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and thyme in a medium bowl. Using your hands, pat down the mixed beef flat into a 9x13-inch rimmed baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Set the cooked beef aside on a plate. Clean and dry the baking dish.
- Slice the rolls in half lengthwise. Put the bottom half of the rolls in the baking dish. Place the slab of cooked beef on top of the roll bottoms followed by the brie slices and rounds of cranberry sauce. Top with the layer of remaining roll tops.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tops of the rolls are light golden brown.
- Slice into individual sliders and serve warm.
Nevin Martell is a D.C.-area based food and travel writer, parenting essayist, recipe developer, and photographer whose work has appeared in The Washington Post, National Geographic, Fortune, Travel + Leisure, and many other publications. His eight books include Red Truck Bakery Cookbook: Gold-Standard Recipes from America's Favorite Rural Bakery and The Founding Farmers Cookbook: 100 Recipes for True Food & Drink, It’s So Good: 100 Real Food Recipes for Kids. Find him on Instagram @nevinmartell, on Twitter @nevinmartell, and online at nevinmartell.com.