An herby white wine marinade is all it takes to make juicy, tender chicken – perfect for tonight’s dinner for this week’s meal prep
- 6 ea ButcherBox Chicken Breasts, bnls / sknls
- 2 c white wine
- 1 c avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley roughly chopped
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- Mix all ingredients for marinade in a plastic container. Add chicken and massage, then cover and refrigerate for 2 hours - overnight.
- Preheat a large skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove chicken and discard excess marinade. Pat chicken breasts dry and season chicken with more kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place ghee to hot pan and sear chicken breast for 4 minutes on each side. To get a good golden-brown sear, don't overcrowd the skillet, and cook in two rounds if necessary.
- Place seared chicken on a baking sheet and put in oven for 15 minutes or until thermometer reads 165°F when inserted into thickest part of the chicken breast.
- For meal prep, let chicken cool fully before portioning into meal prep containers. Happy eating!