Last Updated on August 26, 2022
An herby white wine marinade is all it takes to make juicy, tender chicken – perfect for tonight’s dinner for this week’s meal prep
- 6 ea ButcherBox Chicken Breasts, bnls / sknls
- 2 c white wine
- 1 c avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley roughly chopped
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- Mix all ingredients for marinade in a plastic container. Add chicken and massage, then cover and refrigerate for 2 hours - overnight.
- Preheat a large skillet (preferably cast-iron) over medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove chicken and discard excess marinade. Pat chicken breasts dry and season chicken with more kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place ghee to hot pan and sear chicken breast for 4 minutes on each side. To get a good golden-brown sear, don't overcrowd the skillet, and cook in two rounds if necessary.
- Place seared chicken on a baking sheet and put in oven for 15 minutes or until thermometer reads 165°F when inserted into thickest part of the chicken breast.
- For meal prep, let chicken cool fully before portioning into meal prep containers. Happy eating!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.