Last Updated on April 1, 2022
Give your vegetables a smoky char on the grill for an easy side dish with tangy aged balsamic vinegar.
- 1 ea red onion sliced into 3 rings
- 1 bu asparagus trimmed
- 2 ea portobello mushrooms
- 2 ea corn husks attached, silk removed and soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- 2 ea Japanese eggplants
- 1 ea red bell pepper
- 1 ea Cubanelle pepper
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 c aged balsamic vinegar
- Preheat charcoal grill with coals spread evenly across the bottom.
- Place corn directly on coals against the sides of the grill - make sure to soak beforehand to avoid them catching fire.
- Place vegetables in a large bowl. Rub all veggies with extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place red onion, peppers, portobello mushrooms and eggplants on grill. Cover and grill for 3 minutes.
- Flip veggies, cover and grill 3 more minutes.
- Uncover grill and continue flipping veggies every 1 minute or so.
- Remove peppers when skin is charred on all sides and peppers begin to sag. Remove eggplant when soft to the touch. Remove mushrooms once they are soft and releasing juices.
- Place asparagus on hottest part of grill and grill 1 minute per side.
- Remove corn from coals, discard husk and shave kernels off the cob.
- Peel charred skin off peppers, and remove seeds.
- Chop all veggies into medium-sized chunks and mix with aged balsamic.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Yankel Polak is the Head Chef at ButcherBox.