The perfect buffalo chicken sandwich recipe does exist, and it’s right here. This easy recipe takes you from chicken breast to a delicious sandwich smothered in blue cheese and hot sauce in about 15 minutes.
You can use an outdoor griddle for this recipe, but it’s just as easily cooked and just as tasty (if not more so) if you cook directly on your grill. This will become your summer lunch or tailgating go-to recipe.
- 2 pieces ButcherBox Chicken Breast
- ½ cup Frank's RedHot
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 brioche buns
- ½ cup iceberg lettuce shredded
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Butterfly chicken breasts and cut each in half.
- Season with salt, pepper, and butter.
- Place on well-greased flattop or cast-iron pan. You can also cook directly on a grill at medium-high heat.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until bottom is lightly browned. While the chicken cooks, mix Frank's RedHot sauce, honey, and butter.
- Flip chicken and coat top with Frank's RedHot mixture. Continue to cook 2-4 more minutes. Chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Mix mayonnaise, blue cheese crumbles, chives, and lemon juice in small bowl.
- Place chicken on brioche bun and top with cheddar, lettuce, and blue cheese mixture. Enjoy one of the best Buffalo chicken sandwiches you will ever have!