Last Updated on July 7, 2021
This Greek-inspired bison burger is sure to change burger night for the better. Our recipe calls for the bold flavor of ButcherBox ground bison and a simple tzatziki sauce.
This burger is perfect for a quick lunch as it can be made in 15 minutes (with some prep beforehand).
- 1 pkg ButcherBox ground bison (Substitute: ButcherBox ground beef)
- ¾ c feta crumbled
- ⅓ c kalamata olives rough chop
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 c plain greek yogurt
- ½ c english cucumber seeded, small dice
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill finely chopped
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide meat up into 4 - 4 ounce portions. Form into a patties.
- Grill or sear each side for 5 minutes per side. Serve with favorite condiments or simple tzatziki.
- Combines all ingredients together. Serve with Greek bison burger.
- If you don't have bison, ground beef also works really well for this recipe.
- When cooking any burger never press down on the patty. This will not make the burger cook faster this will only create a dry burger, you are pressing out all the juices. Yes, you can have a juicy well-done burger!
- This recipe can also easily be used to make meatballs for meal prep.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.