Dish up this protein-packed, gluten-free, extra cheesy goodness for a meal that’s sure to please a crowd.
GF Beefy Mac n’ CheesePrint Pin
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 1 medium yellow onion medium dice
- 2 c milk
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 c Swiss cheese (or favorite cheese) grated
- 1 box gluten-free elbow pasta
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cook elbow pasta according to instructions on box. Set aside.
- Preheat sauté pan, once hot crumble ground beef into pan. Once beef has browned a quarter of the way add onions. Cook until onions are translucent and ground beef has completely browned.
- Strain excess fat from beef and onions, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter, then add tapioca flour to make a roux.
- Gradually add milk to saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once mixture has thickened, remove from heat and add grated cheese.
- Mix until cheese is melted, then add beef/onion mixture and cooked pasta to cheese sauce. Mix until well incorporated. Enjoy with a simple green salad!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!