Last Updated on August 26, 2022
Dish up this protein-packed, gluten-free, extra cheesy goodness for a meal that’s sure to please a crowd.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 1 medium yellow onion medium dice
- 2 c milk
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 c Swiss cheese (or favorite cheese) grated
- 1 box gluten-free elbow pasta
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cook elbow pasta according to instructions on box. Set aside.
- Preheat sauté pan, once hot crumble ground beef into pan. Once beef has browned a quarter of the way add onions. Cook until onions are translucent and ground beef has completely browned.
- Strain excess fat from beef and onions, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter, then add tapioca flour to make a roux.
- Gradually add milk to saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once mixture has thickened, remove from heat and add grated cheese.
- Mix until cheese is melted, then add beef/onion mixture and cooked pasta to cheese sauce. Mix until well incorporated. Enjoy with a simple green salad!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.