Last Updated on January 4, 2022
Looking to spice up game day? This ground turkey chili recipe is perfect for the tailgate or for sharing at home. A little heat goes a long way with this dish so make sure to temper the fire with some cilantro, sour cream, and cheddar.
Game Day Ground Turkey Chili
- 2 packages ButcherBox ground turkey thawed
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 small onion small dice
- 2 poblano peppers small dice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 28oz. can diced tomatoes
- 28oz. can tomato sauce
- 15.5oz. can red beans drained and rinsed (exclude for Keto and Whole30)
- 1 cup chicken stock substitutions: water, vegetable stock, beef stock
- sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- cheddar cheese shredded
- cilantro finely chopped
- avocado diced
- scallions minced
- oyster crackers
- tortilla chips
- Heat a large sauce pot on medium heat. Add cooking oil to hot pan. Crumble ground turkey into pot. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add onions, peppers, salt, and spices to sauce pot and continue to sauté for another 3 minutes. Stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir. Reduce heat to low, cove,r and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve with garnishes or as is and enjoy!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.