Looking to spice up game day? This ground turkey chili recipe is perfect for the tailgate or for sharing at home. A little heat goes a long way with this dish so make sure to temper the fire with some cilantro, sour cream, and cheddar.
Game Day Ground Turkey Chili
- 2 packages ButcherBox ground turkey thawed
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 small onion small dice
- 2 poblano peppers small dice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 28oz. can diced tomatoes
- 28oz. can tomato sauce
- 15.5oz. can red beans drained and rinsed (exclude for Keto and Whole30)
- 1 cup chicken stock substitutions: water, vegetable stock, beef stock
- sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- cheddar cheese shredded
- cilantro finely chopped
- avocado diced
- scallions minced
- oyster crackers
- tortilla chips
- Heat a large sauce pot on medium heat. Add cooking oil to hot pan. Crumble ground turkey into pot. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add onions, peppers, salt, and spices to sauce pot and continue to sauté for another 3 minutes. Stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir. Reduce heat to low, cove,r and let simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve with garnishes or as is and enjoy!