An incredibly easy take on Pork Butt! All you have to do is throw everything in a slow-cooker. The result? A delicious, wholesome dinner popping with a traditional Italian flavor.
Fennel & Tomato Italian Pork ShoulderPrint Pin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
Total Time: 5 hours 10 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Pork Butt, bone-in / bnls
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium onion 1” dice
- 1 bulb fennel 1” dice
- 1 head garlic
- ¼ c balsamic vinegar
- 1 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 carrot halved
- Rub pork butt with Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Preheat pan to high heat. In hot pan, sear pork on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side
- Cut whole head of garlic in half horizontally, and roast in pan while searing pork.
- Place pork and garlic in slow-cooker.
- Keep pan on heat, add onions and fennel.
- Sauté until golden, then add balsamic vinegar, scrap bottom of pan and reduce by half
- Add onions, fennel and reduced balsamic to slow-cooker as well as remaining ingredients
- Cook 4-5 hours on low setting or until meat is fork-tender.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!