Last Updated on August 26, 2022
Savor pasta night with a delicious, meat-based sauce. Our take on this Italian classic calls for fennel, ButcherBox ground beef, and a marinara sauce.
- 1 package ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 1 jar marinara sauce (We love Primal Kitchen Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce.)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup fennel small dice
- 1 small onion small dice
- ½ cup carrot small dice
- 2 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- ½ cup red wine Substitutions: water or stock
- ½ cup milk or cream optional
- Heat a large saucepot on the stovetop at medium heat. Add avocado oil to the hot pan.
- Add fennel, carrots, onion, and oregano. Sauté for approximately 4 minutes or until onion begins to turn translucent.
- Crumble ground beef into saucepot. Sauté until ground beef is 90% browned. Add garlic and red wine. Reduce the liquid for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the marinara sauce and bring to a simmer. Cover and turn the heat down to the low setting for 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving with your favorite pasta.
- After 15 minutes, stir in milk or cream. Cook for an additional 3 minutes, and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.