Savor pasta night with a delicious, meat-based sauce. Our take on this Italian classic calls for fennel, ButcherBoxTM ground beef, and Primal Kitchen Basil Marinara Sauce.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ground Beef
- 1 jar Primal Kitchen Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil preferred oil: Primal Kitchen avocado oil
- 1 c fennel small dice
- 1 sm onion small dice
- ½ c carrot small dice
- 2 tsp oregano dried
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- ½ c red wine subsitutions: water or stock
- ½ c milk or cream optional
- Heat a large sauce pot on stovetop at medium heat. Add avocado oil to hot pan.
- Add fennel, carrots, onion and oregano. Sauté for approximately 4 minutes or until onion begins to turn translucent.
- Crumble ground beef into sauce pot. Sauté until ground beef is 90% browned. Add garlic and red wine. Reduce liquid for 2 minutes.
- Stir in Primal Kitchen Tomato Basil Marinara and bring to a simmer. Cover and turn heat down to low setting for 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serveing with favorite pasta.
- After 15 minutes stir in milk or cream. Cook for an additional 3 minutes, and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.