Last Updated on August 26, 2022
Chicken wings are super flavorful, and root vegetables add earthy sweetness to your soup. You can even cook ’em from frozen in the Instant Pot! Get the recipe below.
- 2 lbs ButcherBox Chicken Wings (frozen if using Instant Pot)
- 1 c carrot roughly chopped
- 1 c parsnip roughly chopped
- 1 c turnip roughly chopped
- 1 c celeriac roughly chopped
- 1 c rutabaga roughly chopped
- 2 qt water
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in slow-cooker or Instant Pot.
- If using slow-cooker, defrost chicken wings prior to cooking, and cook on high setting for 5 hours or until chicken is fall-apart tender. If using an Instant Pot, no need to defrost. Pressure cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Once cooking time is complete, it can be left on warm for several hours or vented and portioned. Be sure to chill uncovered so steam can escape. Soup can be frozen for up to 4 months.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Yankel Polak is the Head Chef at ButcherBox.