Whether it’s your Thanksgiving turkey or another Christmas Eve, always go for homemade turkey gravy with pan drippings. If you’ve already gone to the trouble of homemade roast turkey, you’d better make full use of it! It couldn’t be any easier than this quick, step-by-step gravy recipe, ideal for pouring over mashed potatoes from a pretty little gravy boat.
Easy Homemade Turkey GravyPrint Pin
- ½ c ButcherBox Turkey drippings strained
- 4 oz butter
- ½ c flour or flour substitute
- 6 c turkey or chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat turkey stock in small saucepan. Bring to medium simmer.
- Meanwhile, pour drippings and butter into sauté pan. Place on medium heat until butter has fully melted.
- Add flour and whisk to combine.
- Continue whisking for 5 minutes.
- Add mixture to simmering stock and whisk to combine.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, or until thickened and creamy.
- Add herbs, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Enjoy!