Last Updated on August 26, 2022
If you’ve ever been intimidated by making the holiday gravy, you’ll love these step-by-step instructions. This simple process uses the pan drippings to make a rich and delicious topping for mashed potatoes and more.
- ½ c ButcherBox Turkey drippings strained
- 4 oz butter
- ½ c flour or flour substitute
- 6 c turkey or chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp fresh sage chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat turkey stock in small saucepan. Bring to medium simmer.
- Meanwhile, pour drippings and butter into sauté pan. Place on medium heat until butter has fully melted.
- Add flour and whisk to combine.
- Continue whisking for 5 minutes.
- Add mixture to simmering stock and whisk to combine.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, or until thickened and creamy.
- Add herbs, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Enjoy!