Last Updated on June 15, 2020
A festive lamb roast with Middle Eastern spicers is a beautiful centerpiece to a holiday meal. You’ll love the easy pureed sauce make with the carrots, onions, and garlic that roast alongside the delicious lamb.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Lamb Leg, bnls
Lamb Leg Rub
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ea carrots peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 ea onions roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 ea pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Mix all rub ingredients to form a paste. Spread rub mixture evenly over roast, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Discard plastic wrap and season lamb leg with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Bring to room temperature, about 40 minutes.
- Mix carrots, onions, garlic and fresh rosemary sprigs and place on sheet pan.
- Place lamb roast on top of veggies and roast for 1 hour, or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 125°F.
- Heat beef stock in large saucepan. Rest lamb leg on wire rack while making sauce.
- Place roasted vegetables and rosemary into saucepan with beef stock, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat, discard rosemary sprigs before pureeing with immersion or stand blender.
- Thinly slice rested lamb and platter. Garnish platter with fresh rosemary and pomegranate seeds and serve with sauce.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!