Last Updated on January 2, 2020
This roast is slathered with a wet rub to infuse flavor overnight. The flexible cooking method give you time to use the oven to cook your sides, or just take a break from the kitchen!
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Ribeye Roast
- ¼ c garlic minced
- ¼ c shallots minced
- ¼ c Dijon mustard
- ¼ c fresh thyme picked and chopped
- ¼ c olive oil
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Rub all over ribeye roast, wrap in plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Discard plastic wrap and place roast on wire rack set on sheet pan.
- Season with additional kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and bring to room temperature, about 40 minutes.
- Roast on center rack in oven for 90 minutes or until thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 110℉.
- Remove from oven and rest for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- 40 minutes before serving, preheat oven to 425°F.
- For medium-rare, roast for 20 more minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 125°F.
- Rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
Yankel Polak is the Head Chef at ButcherBox.