Last Updated on January 12, 2024
Get dinner on the table in minutes with this family-friendly favorite, using ButcherBox’s Fully Cooked Organic Diced Seared Chicken Breast. No milk or heavy cream? No problem! This easy-prep alfredo sauce just requires butter & grated parmesan cheese.
Easy Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta Recipe
- 12 oz ButcherBox Organic Diced Seared Chicken Breast
- 4 cups rotini or other dried pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into cubes (room temperature) 1 1/2 sticks
- 2 cups freshly-grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the label (10-12 minutes). Remove the pasta from the heat and strain it, reserving one cup of pasta water for the alfredo sauce. Set the pasta aside in its final serving bowl.
- While the pasta is cooking, add 3/4 cups of water to the bottom of a large skillet. Add the broccoli in an even layer and cover your skillet with a lid or loosely tent it with a piece of foil. Cook (steam) the broccoli on medium-high until it turns bright green (about 6 minutes). Remove the cooked broccoli from the skillet and combine it with the cooked pasta.Wipe the skillet dry.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the same large skillet and pan fry the diced chicken breast for 2-3 minutes per side over medium heat until it's heated through. Transfer the chicken to the same serving bowl containing the cooked pasta and broccoli. Add the butter and grated parmesan.Using tongs, combine the mixture, adding reserve pasta water as needed to create a creamy sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.