If cooking lobster seems intimidating, our easy butter-poached lobster recipe has got you covered. All you need is a pack of ButcherBox lobster claw and knuckle meat and your choice of fat.
- 1 package ButcherBox Cold Cracked Lobster
- 1 sprig tarragon use a good sized sprig or 5 small ones
- ½ cup ghee or butter, salted
- 1 lemon
- Lay thawed lobster in a single layer on several paper towels. Take more paper towels and gently press down on lobster to dry and remove excess natural juices.
- In a small sauce pot melt ghee or butter on medium-low heat. Once melted add tarragon.
- Let the tarragon steep for 3-4 minutes. Make sure the butter never boils.
- In two rounds, place dried lobster into poaching butter. Poach for 5-7 minutes until opaque.
- Once all poached, rough chop lobster and toss with a drizzle of the tarragon butter and a squeeze of lemon juice and lemon zest. Serve on a brioche roll, a salad, or toss with some pasta.
- If you are not a fan of tarragon simply omit for a more traditional flavor.
- For a more Mediterranean flavor add a few threads of saffron to the poaching butter.
- If using unsalted ghee or butter add 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.