Last Updated on August 23, 2023
If cooking lobster seems intimidating, our easy butter-poached lobster recipe has got you covered. All you need is a pack of ButcherBox lobster claw and knuckle meat and your choice of fat.
- 1 package ButcherBox Cold Cracked Lobster
- 1 sprig tarragon use a good sized sprig or 5 small ones
- ½ cup ghee or butter, salted
- 1 lemon
- Lay thawed lobster in a single layer on several paper towels. Take more paper towels and gently press down on lobster to dry and remove excess natural juices.
- In a small sauce pot melt ghee or butter on medium-low heat. Once melted add tarragon.
- Let the tarragon steep for 3-4 minutes. Make sure the butter never boils.
- In two rounds, place dried lobster into poaching butter. Poach for 5-7 minutes until opaque.
- Once all poached, rough chop lobster and toss with a drizzle of the tarragon butter and a squeeze of lemon juice and lemon zest. Serve on a brioche roll, a salad, or toss with some pasta.
- If you are not a fan of tarragon simply omit for a more traditional flavor.
- For a more Mediterranean flavor add a few threads of saffron to the poaching butter.
- If using unsalted ghee or butter add 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.