It’s always roast season if you want it to be. This easy recipe makes a simply delicious beef bottom round roast.
- cooking oil preferred oil: Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- salt pinch
- 2 onions large dice
- 1/4 cup wine
- 1 cup beef stock substitutions: water, chicken stock, vegetable stock
- Preheat Dutch oven to a high heat.
- Salt and pepper all sides of the meat.
- Sear outside of the meat on all sides.
- Add onions and mushrooms into the pot to render down.
- Push meat to one side to reveal the surface of the pan. Add wine to deglaze the pan.
- Add potatoes.
- Add broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Place lid on pot and let simmer on low or put into oven at 300°F for 2½ hours or until the temperature reaches 195°F.
- Let rest in the pot for 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, slice against the grain of the meat. Serve with vegetables