Last Updated on August 26, 2022
Few things are better than a tasty, crispy chicken wing. This easy baked chicken wing recipe features a bold dry rub and a tangy yogurt dip.
- 3 pounds ButcherBox chicken wings
Chicken Wing Rub
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
Tangy Yogurt Dip
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reserved dry rub
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix all dry rub ingredients except butter. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the dry rub for the dip.
- Pour dry rub over wings and mix well.
- Place wings skin-side up on wire rack and refrigerate uncovered for one hour or overnight. You can skip this step and go straight to the oven, but that hour in the fridge really helps with crispiness!
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Melt butter and brush gently over wings.
- Bake wings in oven. After 25 minutes, carefully open oven just enough to let some steam vent. Cook for 20 more minutes, or until skin is crispy, and meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of chicken wing — without touching bone — reads 165°F.
- Mix all dip ingredients. This can be done a day or two in advance for maximum flavor.
- Enjoy the best wings ever!
- Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165°F, followed by a 3 minute rest. Cook time will depend on cut size and cooking method.