Sometimes you just want some homemade chicken soup. And there’s nothing easier than this version, which uses our ultra-flavorful chicken wings to bring it to life! With tons of tasty root vegetables and a little salt and pepper, you’ll be spooning comfort into a bowl pretty quick! Instructions are for Instant Pot and slow-cooker.
Easiest Chicken Wing SoupPrint Pin
- 2 lbs ButcherBox Chicken Wings (frozen if using Instant Pot)
- 1 c carrot roughly chopped
- 1 c parsnip roughly chopped
- 1 c turnip roughly chopped
- 1 c celeriac roughly chopped
- 1 c rutabaga roughly chopped
- 2 qt water
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in slow-cooker or Instant Pot.
- If using slow-cooker, defrost chicken wings prior to cooking, and cook on high setting for 5 hours or until chicken is fall-apart tender. If using an Instant Pot, no need to defrost. Pressure cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Once cooking time is complete, it can be left on warm for several hours or vented and portioned. Be sure to chill uncovered so steam can escape. Soup can be frozen for up to 4 months.