Let us introduce you to your new favorite: Cold Cracked™ lobster. It’s lobster meat that’s been pressure-extracted from the shell and flash-frozen after it’s caught. This special method helps to make sure your lobster has the most succulent texture and sweet flavor possible. There’s no heat or steam involved, so the meat is never double-cooked and there’s no breakdown in quality.
There are lots of possibilities when it comes to cooking this raw claw and knuckle meat. It can be butter-poached, sautéed, grilled, and more. Whatever you choose, you won’t be disappointed.
Our Favorite Recipe for Cold Cracked Lobster
This easy butter-poached lobster recipe is sure to make your mouth water.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Cold Cracked Lobster
- 1 sprig tarragon use a good sized sprig or 5 small ones
- ½ c ghee or butter, salted
- 1 ea lemon
- Lay thawed lobster in a single layer on several paper towels. Take more paper towels and gently press down on lobster to dry and remove excess natural juices.
- In a small sauce pot melt ghee or butter on medium-low heat. Once melted add tarragon.
- Let the tarragon steep for 3-4 minutes. Make sure the butter never boils.
- In two rounds, place dried lobster into poaching butter. Poach for 5-7 minutes until opaque.
- Once all poached, rough chop lobster and toss with a drizzle of the tarragon butter and a squeeze of lemon juice and lemon zest. Serve on a brioche roll, a salad, or toss with some pasta.
- If you are not a fan of tarragon simply omit for a more traditional flavor.
- For a more Mediterranean flavor add a few threads of saffron to the poaching butter.
- If using unsalted ghee or butter add 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.