Last Updated on January 20, 2024
This hearty blend delivers a wholesome and convenient twist to a classic recipe, combining our Fully Cooked Organic Diced Chicken Breast with the rich flavors and velvety texture of butternut squash.
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp preferred curry powder
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk full-fat
- 3 cups chicken stock or bone broth
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 12 oz ButcherBox Organic Diced Seared Chicken Breast
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Lime wedges for serving
- In a large pot over medium heat, add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pot. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the curry powder and cook for 30 seconds, then add the coconut milk and chicken stock, and bring to a boil. Season the broth with salt and pepper.
- Add the squash, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Add the chicken breasts and baby spinach and remove from the heat. Stir until the spinach is wilted and the chicken is heated through. Serve with lime wedges.
Ashley Lonsdale is the chef at ButcherBox. Her big hope is for a world where everyone can access the joy of food. That hope is precisely why she spends her free time as an associate board member for the Food Education Fund and writing recipes for her newsletter FOODSTAR. Previously, she was the culinary director for Daily Harvest, a private chef, and a line cook in various New York City kitchens. She is a graduate of the French Culinary Institute.