This pork gets an earthy, garlicky dry rub and is braised in orange juice and onions for amazing depth of flavor and tender meat. The cooking liquid also make a mouthwatering sauce!
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Pork Butt, bone-in / bnls
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 med onion julienned
- 2 ea oranges cut into 4-5 slices
- 1 c orange juice
- Preheat oven to 300℉.
- Combine rub spices together and rub on pork butt.
- Place julienned onions, orange slices and orange juice in Dutch oven. Place pork butt on top and then put in oven uncovered. Baste pork after 30 minutes and braise for an additional 1½ hours.
- After 2 hours cover Dutch oven and braise for an additional 1 hour. Remove from oven and let rest covered for 20 minutes before slicing.
- For added flavor make a sauce with braising liquid. Simply remove the rind from the orange slices (they will easily peel away from the flesh after braising for 3 hours) and place them along with onions and liquid in a blender, puree for 2 minutes and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!