Super-esy shredded pork uses a Cajun spice blend and is cooked entirely in the slow-cooker. the jambalaya rice has sweet onions and peppers and more heat and flavor from those Cajun seasonings.
Crockpot Cajun Pork Butt With Jambalaya RicePrint
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Pork Butt
- 4 Tbsp Cajun spice
- 1 c beef broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium orange bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 c rice, long grain cooked
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Cajun spice
- ¼ c parsley chopped
- Rub pork butt all over with Cajun spice. Place in slow-cooker with beef broth and cook on low setting for 6 hours or high setting for 3-4 hours. Let rest in liquid for 20 minutes before shredding. Reserve ¼ c liquid for finishing rice.
- Preheat medium sauté pan and add oil. Once oil is hot, sauté onions and peppers for 3-5 minutes, or until color brightens and onions begin to release liquid.
- Add cooked rice, 2 Tbsp Cajun spice, paprika, and reserved pork juices and stir to combine. Cook for 3 more minutes, or until rice is hot. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with a healthy portion of shredded pork on top and fresh parsley for garnish. Enjoy!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!