When an outdoor smoker isn’t an option, this mouthwatering molasses brisket is the next best thing. A little liquid smoke will infuse the brisket with rich BBQ flavor and braising it in the crockpot ensures it will be super tender and juicy!
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Beef Brisket
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- 1 Tbsp ginger powder
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp liquid smoke
- ½ c molasses
- ¼ c tomato paste
- 2 c beef stock
- 1 ea onion sliced
- 1 ea carrot chopped
- Remove brisket from package, pat dry, salt well, place on wire rack on baking sheet and refrigerate overnight uncovered.
- Mix ingredients for dry rub together and rub all over brisket. Preheat cast iron pan on high heat and sear all sides of brisket. Set aside.
- Turn slow-cooker on the high setting and place braising liquid and vegetables inside and mix together.
- Add brisket to slow-cooker, cover and cook for 2 hours. After 2 hours on high reduce cooking temperature to the low setting and cook for additional 4 hours or until brisket is fork tender.
- Let brisket rest in slow-cooker for 20 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- After brisket has rested and removed from braising liquid, place liquid and vegetables in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Serve with sliced brisket and enjoy!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!