Last Updated on April 14, 2020
You don’t need many ingredients to make perfect crispy smashed potatoes. These salty potatoes are the perfect side for a grilled steak or roast chicken, and they make a nice alternative to classic french fries.
- 12 ea yukon gold potatoes
- 3 Tbsp ghee
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- Place potatoes in large stock pot and cover with cold water and salt. Boil potatoes until fork tender, but still intact. Approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from water and let them cool on a baking sheef for 10 minutes before smashing.
- Using the back of a spatula or even the palm of your hand smash each potato flat.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium heat. Melt ghee in hot pan. Place potatoes in pan and sear for 5 minutes per side or until crispy. Do not overcrowd, sear potatoes in two rounds if necessary.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.