Creamy Cauliflower and Parsnip PuréePrint Pin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 10 people
- 2 ea cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 lbs parsnip peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 stick butter
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Place a steamer basket in a large sauce pot. Add water to just below the bottom of the basket.
- Bring water to boiling on high heat. Add half of the cauliflower florets, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook cauliflower until fork tender, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Place steamed cauliflower in another large sauce pot.
- Repeat steaming process for the rest of the cauliflower and parsnips. Remember to check water level between steaming processes, you may need to add more.
- In a small sauce pot heat heavy cream, butter, salt and pepper on low heat.
- Once butter is melted, pour over steamed cauliflower and parsnips and mash with either a hand masher or mixer. For extra creamy purée use a blender and gradually pour warm heavy cream / butter mixture while blending.
- Transfer to serving dish and enjoy!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!