Last Updated on February 22, 2021
Craving corned beef? This boiled dinner recipe is easy to follow and makes a delicious corned beef brisket with cabbage and carrots. Enjoy on St. Patrick’s Day or any time!
- 1 package ButcherBox Corned Beef Brisket
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound red potatoes halved or quartered depending on size
- 5 carrots peeled and cut into thirds
- 1 head cabbage quartered
- Place corned beef in a large stockpot. Add water, seasoning pack, and salt to stockpot. Put a piece of parchment paper over corned beef then cover with lid.
- Start heat on stovetop at medium-high heat to bring it to a boil. Once it starts boiling turn heat down to low and simmer for 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, you may need to add a little more water, if it is no longer covering the corned beef.
- Remove corned beef from cooking liquid and let it rest on a plate covered with aluminum foil.
- Add veggies to cooking liquid and simmer for 20-25 minutes until they are fork-tender.
- Slice corned beef against the grain and serve with cabbage, potatoes, and carrots.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.