Craving corned beef? This boiled dinner recipe is easy to follow and makes a delicious corned beef brisket with cabbage and carrots. Enjoy on St. Patrick’s Day or any time!
- 1 package ButcherBox Corned Beef Brisket
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound red potatoes halved or quartered depending on size
- 5 carrots peeled and cut into thirds
- 1 head cabbage quartered
- Place corned beef in a large stockpot. Add water, seasoning pack, and salt to stockpot. Put a piece of parchment paper over corned beef then cover with lid.
- Start heat on stovetop at medium-high heat to bring it to a boil. Once it starts boiling turn heat down to low and simmer for 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, you may need to add a little more water, if it is no longer covering the corned beef.
- Remove corned beef from cooking liquid and let it rest on a plate covered with aluminum foil.
- Add veggies to cooking liquid and simmer for 20-25 minutes until they are fork-tender.
- Slice corned beef against the grain and serve with cabbage, potatoes, and carrots.