Last Updated on March 31, 2020
If you’re looking to spice up your healthy meal prep game, this recipe is for you! This easy Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe is made featuring ButcherBox boneless chicken breasts and with just a few other absolutely delicious ingredients.
This delicious and oh-so-easy recipe has been conjured up by Laura, who runs the healthy food blog Cook at Home Mom.
It’s spicy and creamy and super satisfying, but it’s also Whole30 compliant and low carb! Best of all, the chicken breasts are cooked in a slow cooker or Instant Pot to make the whole recipe come together in a snap, with plenty of hands-off time.
Check out the recipe below:
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 1½ lbs. ButcherBox Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 2 celery stalks
- ¼ red onion
- ¼ cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- lettuce wraps
- compliant ranch dressing (Whole30) or blue cheese dressing (for Keto/Low Carb)
- Cook the Chicken - Add the chicken breasts and liquid to your slow cooker. Turn to low and cook for 3 hours. Set the chicken aside and allow it to cool.
- Prep the Ingredients - Finely dice the celery and red onion. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. Mix well until combined. Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to eat it, up to 4 days.
- Spoon the chicken salad into lettuce wraps and serve with an extra drizzle of hot sauce and any other toppings you’d like.
Laura Miner is a blogger and mom of three living in the Blue Ridge Mountains. She helps people learn to love real food and shares mostly Whole30, Paleo, and Low Carb recipes at cookathomemom.com.