Cod sticks are great for kids and adults alike! This delicious pan-fry recipe has food on the table in under 20 minutes.
- 3 ea ButcherBox Cod Fillet thawed and dried thoroughly
- 2 ea eggs whisked
- ½ c tapicoa flour
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ c gluten free bread crumbs
- ½ c avocado oil preferred oil: Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
Simple Tartar Sauce
- 1 c mayonnaise preferred mayo: Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 1 Tbsp dill relish
- Set up three dishes for S.B.P (standard breading procedure). First dish: flour, salt and pepper, second dish: whisked eggs and third dish: bread crumbs.
- Pour avocado oil into a cold sauté pan. Place on medium heat.
- Cut cod fillets into 4-5 "sticks", cut against grain. Dredge dried cod sticks in the prepared S.B.P dishes.
- Once oil is hot begin pan-frying cod sticks approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with simple tarter sauce or just a squeeze of lemon.
Simple Tarter Sauce
- Combine mayonnaise and relish together.