Last Updated on July 6, 2021
Cod sticks are great for kids and adults alike! This delicious pan-fry recipe has food on the table in under 20 minutes.
- 3 ea ButcherBox Cod Fillet thawed and dried thoroughly
- 2 ea eggs whisked
- ½ c tapicoa flour
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ c gluten free bread crumbs
- ½ c avocado oil preferred oil: Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
Simple Tartar Sauce
- 1 c mayonnaise preferred mayo: Primal Kitchen Mayo
- 1 Tbsp dill relish
- Set up three dishes for S.B.P (standard breading procedure). First dish: flour, salt and pepper, second dish: whisked eggs and third dish: bread crumbs.
- Pour avocado oil into a cold sauté pan. Place on medium heat.
- Cut cod fillets into 4-5 "sticks", cut against grain. Dredge dried cod sticks in the prepared S.B.P dishes.
- Once oil is hot begin pan-frying cod sticks approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with simple tarter sauce or just a squeeze of lemon.
Simple Tarter Sauce
- Combine mayonnaise and relish together.
The cooking technique being used is called pan-frying. This dry-heat cooking method uses a moderate amount of oil. There should be enough oil in the sauté pan that when the item is placed in the pan it is covered one-third to one-half of the way with oil. So depending on the size pan you use you may need to add or decrease the amount of oil to properly pan-fry the cod sticks.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.