Last Updated on August 26, 2022
Herbs and spices often used in Thai dishes add a delicious layer of flavor to the bottom round cut. Paired with a fragrant, mildly sweet coconut rice, this dish will take your taste buds on a unique adventure in no time.
This is the perfect Dutch oven dish for a day when the temperature is a bit cooler. It will definitely warm you and your kitchen.
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Bottom Round Roast
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Brasing Liquid and Aromatics
- ½ head garlic with peel
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp lemongrass
- 2 Thai chilies halved with seeds
- 1 onion, small roughly chopped
- ¼ c mirin
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 c uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 c coconut milk, unsweetened
- 3 c water
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Rub bottom round with dry rub.
- Preheat Dutch oven on medium heat, add ghee and sear roast on all sides, for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add ginger, lemongrass, Thai chilies, onion and garlic. Sauté until onions are golden.
- Add mirin and coconut milk scrapping the bits off of the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- Remove from heat, cover and place in oven for 4-5 hours or until meat is fork-tender.
- Mix rice, coconut milk and water and cook according to instructions on package. Once rice is done, let rest uncovered for at least 10 minutes, then fluff rice with rice paddle or fork.
- Serve roast over rice with squeeze of lime and chopped cilantro and basil.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!