Last Updated on August 26, 2022
Just when you thought chicken parm couldn’t get any better, here comes chicken parmesan meatballs. This fun and easy spin on the Italian staple features our ground chicken and the dish’s essential ingredients.
- 1 package ButcherBox ground chicken
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, parmesan cheese, ¾ cup bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Once you have thoroughly mixed the ground chicken mixture, form into 12-14 golf ball-sized meatballs.
- With your thumb, create a well in each meatball. Add about ¼ of a teaspoon tomato paste to the bottom of the well and then a nice pinch of shredded mozzarella. Form back into a ball and roll meatballs in remaining bread crumbs. Just a light coat is all you need.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add meatballs and cook without disturbing for approximately 3 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or salad. Makes a great snack on the run or lunch for the week.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.