As the weather changes here (in New England anyway), you’ll want to boost your immune system and nourish your body with warm, nutritious soups. This simple, delicious chicken soup will satisfy your desire to take care of yourself and your family, as you burrow into the couch and binge-watch some good (or bad) TV.
Chicken and Black Bean SoupPrint Pin
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Chicken Breasts, bnls/sknls 1" cube
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 small yellow onion small dice
- 1 poblano or green pepper small dice
- 3 carrots small dice
- 2 celery stalks small dice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 c vegetable or chicken stock
- cilantro leaves
- plain greek yogurt
- avocado slices
- Preheat medium stockpot on medium heat, add ghee. Once ghee has melted, add onions, carrots, pepper, and celery, sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add cubed chicken and dried spices to stockpot. Sauté for 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add black beans, diced tomatoes and stock. Stir until well mixed.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
- Serve and garnish generously with avocado slices, cilantro leaves and plain greek yogurt!