Last Updated on July 1, 2021
This simple black bean soup recipe features an array of fresh veggies and spices—it’s like a chicken taco in soup form. Serve with all your favorite taco toppings and don’t forget the tortilla chips on the side.
- 1 package ButcherBox chicken breasts 1" cube
- 1 tablespoon ghee Alt: butter.
- 1 small yellow onion small dice
- 1 poblano or green pepper small dice
- 3 carrots small dice
- 2 celery stalks small dice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- cilantro leaves
- plain greek yogurt
- avocado slices
- Preheat medium stockpot on medium heat, add ghee. Once ghee/butter has melted, add onions, carrots, pepper, and celery, sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add cubed chicken and dried spices to stockpot. Sauté for 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add black beans, diced tomatoes and stock. Stir until well mixed.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
- Serve and garnish generously with avocado slices, cilantro leaves and plain greek yogurt!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.