This simple recipe has turned the taco into a soup. Serve with all your favorite taco toppings and don’t forget the tortilla chips on the side.
Chicken and Black Bean SoupPrint Pin
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Chicken Breasts, bnls/sknls 1" cube
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 small yellow onion small dice
- 1 poblano or green pepper small dice
- 3 carrots small dice
- 2 celery stalks small dice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15.5 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 c vegetable or chicken stock
- cilantro leaves
- plain greek yogurt
- avocado slices
- Preheat medium stockpot on medium heat, add ghee. Once ghee has melted, add onions, carrots, pepper, and celery, sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add cubed chicken and dried spices to stockpot. Sauté for 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add black beans, diced tomatoes and stock. Stir until well mixed.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
- Serve and garnish generously with avocado slices, cilantro leaves and plain greek yogurt!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!