Last Updated on April 8, 2022
This might not be a recipe you expect from ButcherBox, but we enjoy a good meatless meal once a week as much as anyone.
This is a relatively easy-to-prepare veggie burger that has a ton of options to customize. This recipe calls for white beans, baby bella mushrooms, and gluten-free bread crumbs. But you can use black beans, any kind of mushroom you prefer, and pretty much any bread crumb. However you decide to make your veggie burgers, one thing will remain the same: The results will be delicious.
Do not cook these directly on the grill without freezing first; you can also easily bake these veggie burgers in the oven by cooking on a greased sheet pan.
Make sure to check out the recipe video for a quick tip for melting cheese from ButcherBox’s Chef Yankel.
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms baby bella or another favorite
- 1 cup white beans
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ½ cup GF bread crumbs
- ½ cup instant oats
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki glaze
- ½ cup diced onions
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- Add mushrooms, beans, chickpeas, bread crumbs, one-minute oats, eggs, salt, pepper, Cajun spice, and teriyaki glaze into a food processor.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds. Pour into a bowl and stir in onions and peppers. Mixture should resemble cookie dough.
- Form into 4-6 burgers.
- Lightly add cooking oil to the griddle or cast-iron pan. Sear for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add cheese. Put on toasted bun. Add condiments. Enjoy!
Yankel Polak is the Head Chef at ButcherBox.