Braised Chuck Roast with Red Wine and MushroomsPrint Pin
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours 50 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Chuck Roast or Shoulder Roast
- 1 c dry red wine
- 2 c beef stock
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 6 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 med onion sliced
- 3 stalks celery sliced
- 2 c baby bella mushrooms quartered
- 2 c baby potatoes
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp clarified butter
- Remove Chuck Roast from package. Salt all over and refrigerate uncovered on wire rack overnight. Remove Roast from fridge one hour before cooking and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat Dutch oven, add clarified butter and sear roast on all sides until well browned, 3 minutes per side. Set roast aside.
- Add garlic, onions and celery to pot and saute for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute another 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and saute one more minute.
- Add red wine and potatoes, scrape bottom with wooden spoon.
- Place Roast and fresh thyme back in Dutch oven and add beef stock to cover ⅔ of the way.
- Close lid tightly and place in 300°F oven for 3½ hours or until roast is fork tender.
- Allow roast to rest in juices for 30 minutes. Then remove Roast and vegetables from Dutch oven.
- Place liquid on stovetop and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Slice Roast and spoon sauce over everything. Enjoy!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!