Tender and chock-full of flavor, meet these boneless country style ribs. This fresh, unusual spin on pesto is a bright counterpart to the meaty ribs, while the crunchy, fruity jicama slaw with pear vinaigrette reminds us that spring isn’t too far away! To keep things keto, just omit the jicama slaw and replace with some simple mixed greens.
Boneless Country Style Ribs with Chimichurri Pesto and Jicama SlawPrint Pin
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Boneless Country Style Ribs
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 bu cilantro
- 1 c Italian parsley just leaves
- 8 cloves garlic
- ¾ c lime juice
- 1 ea lime zested
- ¾ c Cotija cheese finely grated
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ c avocado oil
- 2 ea jicama peeled and julienned
- 3 ea carrots peeled and julienned
- ½ head purple cabbage shredded
- 1 bu scallions thinly sliced
- ¾ c pear nectar
- ¼ c apple cider vinegar
- ½ c avocado oil
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Mix paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Rub spices all over Boneless Country Style Ribs, then cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Preheat sauté pan or grill pan, and add oil. Once oil is hot, sear ribs on both sides for 7 minutes per side.
- Place ribs in oven for 30 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 145°F.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Place all ingredients for chimichurri pesto in blender and blend for 2 minutes.
- Remove pesto from blender and place in serving bowl.
- Place vinegar, pear nectar, salt and pepper in blender or food processor.
- Blend at low speed while adding oil at a steady slow stream.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and toss with pear vinaigrette.
- Serve slaw with ribs and chimichurri pesto and enjoy!