Last Updated on December 22, 2020
I’ve never been more excited to be a part of this company than I am today.
Throughout the past few years, we’ve grown a lot.
More chairs were added to our table. So many, that we expanded our offices. More than once.
Farmers and suppliers from across the globe joined our team—farmers and suppliers who believe in raising animals the right way, with care; or harvesting seafood sustainably; or going the extra mile without ever cutting corners.
Our product offering grew beyond 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, and today we proudly offer free-range organic chicken, heritage-breed pork, wild-caught salmon and scallops, and more.
And we packed it all up in one of the most environmentally-friendly food delivery containers to exist to this day.
So, as I play this company highlight reel in my mind, I smile when I think about all the things that have changed. In today’s market, you have to be willing to evolve. I’m so thankful for my team’s ability to climb this mountain, improving and adjusting as we need with every step we take.
But change isn’t everything. There’s one thing that hasn’t shifted at all, and I’d like to say it never will. That’s the dream and mission behind our company. For the past few months, we’ve been working to define that dream and solidify it by putting it into words.
We sat in meeting rooms having discussions about why we do what we do as a company. We wrote lists and did character exercises. We made notes, reviewed them, rewrote them, and reviewed them again.
Throughout this process, we were able to pinpoint what makes us tick and distill it down into one simple pursuit: Believe in Better.
Believe in Better is everything we’ve stood for as we grew this business, and it will be a guiding light for everyone at ButcherBox as we move forward. It represents our mission to create a world that’s greater for everyone and everything involved. It means:
- Elevating the standards for how animals are raised.
- Improving the lives and livelihoods of farmers working to do things the right way.
- Supporting partners and suppliers dedicated to positive, sustainable growth.
- Respecting our planet by promoting regenerative farming practices and innovations in recycling.
- Giving hundreds of thousands of families across the nation access to high-quality meat, making it easier than ever to enjoy delicious meals together.
- Finding ways to share our successes by supporting causes in our own backyard as well as across the country. These causes are improving the standards for raising animals, the livelihoods of farmers, the quality of food people serve their families, and the wellbeing of our planet.
At ButcherBox, we Believe in Better. We’re actively working to change the world—and we’re inviting everyone to come along. Will you join us?