Last Updated on August 26, 2022
White wine and chicken stock make a delightfully different gravy for this stew that’s full of chunks of tender beef and root vegetables.
Beefy Blonde StewPrint
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Stew Beef
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- ¼ c gluten-free flour for dredging stew beef
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb medium dice
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- ½ c white wine
- 1 qt chicken stock
- 1 c parsnips 1” cubes
- 1 c turnips 1” cubes
- 1 c celery root 1” cubes
- 1 c carrots 1” cubes
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 300℉.
- On the stovetop preheat a Dutch oven on medium heat.
- Toss beef in dredging flour with salt and pepper. Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in Dutch oven and sear beef on all sides for 2 minutes per side, or until browned. Remove beef from Dutch oven and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil, fennel, leeks and garlic to Dutch oven and sauté until slightly translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine, reduce by half.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a gentle simmer. Cover and place in oven for 2 hours or until beef is fork tender.
- Once stew is finished cooking remove thyme sprigs and discard. Enjoy!