Last Updated on August 26, 2022
This recipe is a hybrid of classic fall ingredients, including acorn squash and cranberries, as well as tamari and Chinese five-spice powder. It’s a skillet packed with protein, veggies and great taste and texture.
- 3 c ButcherBox Turkey leftovers medium dice
- 5 c cabbage shredded
- 1 small onion julienned
- 1 ea acorn squash medium dice
- ½ c dried cranberries
- ½ c pecans chopped
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ tsp Chinese five-spice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ c tamari
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 bu scallions
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss acorn squash, Chinese five-spice, salt, pepper and 1 Tbsp avocado oil in a large bowl. Spread out evenly on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat large skillet over medium-high heat, and add remaining avocado oil.
- Sauté onions and half of the cabbage, cooking for 3 minutes or until cabbage wilts a little then add the rest of the cabbage and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients including roasted acorn squash and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and enjoy!
- No need to peel the acorn squash, the skin is edible.
- Butternut or delicata squash can be substituted for the acorn squash.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.