Last Updated on March 9, 2022
This is the ultimate set-it-and-forget-it meal.
Use ButcherBox apple sausage as the base protein for this easy-to-make stew that is also packed with two types of beans and carrots.
Perfect for a chilly evening meal, a busy weeknight dinner, or, make ahead and enjoy for lunch anytime.
Crockpot Apple Chicken Sausage Stew
- 1 package ButcherBox apple chicken sausage cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 apple cored and sliced
- 1 12 oz. can red kidney beans
- 1 12 oz. can cannellini beans or other white beans
- 2 onions roughly chopped
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 quart chicken stock
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch scallions
- Cut up sausage, carrots, apples, and onions.
- Combine all ingredients (except scallions) in slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Garnish with chopped scallions, serve, and enjoy!