Last Updated on January 12, 2024
Looking for a low-carb lunch or dinner option that’s as simple to prepare as it is delightful to enjoy? You’ll love these easy-to-make chicken and cucumber lettuce wraps featuring our Fully-Cooked Organic Grilled Chicken Breast.
This recipe calls for a few ingredients that you’re likely to already have in your pantry, but don’t be afraid to boost the flavor profile with any additional ingredients available to you:
- shredded carrots
- fresh-grated ginger
- chopped cashews
- chopped peanuts
- red pepper flakes
- rice noodles
For the chicken:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine or cider vinegar whatever vinegar you have on hand
- 2 ButcherBox Fully-Cooked Organic Grilled Chicken Breast shredded with a fork
- Butter lettuce or little gem lettuce for serving
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Diced persian cucumber
- Thinly sliced celery
- Sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, and vinegar.
- Toss the shredded chicken and any additions in the dressing to coat. Serve alongside butter lettuce.
Ashley Lonsdale is the chef at ButcherBox. Her big hope is for a world where everyone can access the joy of food. That hope is precisely why she spends her free time as an associate board member for the Food Education Fund and writing recipes for her newsletter FOODSTAR. Previously, she was the culinary director for Daily Harvest, a private chef, and a line cook in various New York City kitchens. She is a graduate of the French Culinary Institute.